Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Delicious Apple Nachos!

I was talking to my sister on the phone about our up coming Thanksgiving feast's menu. She was looking through a magazine (Home Cooking) and was reading some of the recipes to me. "Cranberry, walnut stuffing (yum), green bean casserole, mash potatoes, apple nachos".... Did she say apple nachos??? My very vivid imagination went straight to apple slices topped with black beans, salsa, sour cream, cheese....YUCK! Then she told me the ingredients and, well, I couldn't wait to try them!











As you can see, they did not last!!

Apple Nachos

 Apple Nachos
It doesn't get much easier than whipping together this colorful, crisp treat. These nacho look-alikes will delight any guest with a sweet tooth! —RaeAnn Gnatkowski, Carrollton, Michigan
24 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.




Ingredients

  • 36 caramels
  • 1 tablespoon water (instead of the caramels, I used Smucker's hot caramel topping)
  • 30 large marshmallows
  • 1/3 cup butter, cubed
  • 4 medium tart apples, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
  • 1/3 cup chopped dry roasted peanuts (I used chopped walnuts)
  • 1/3 cup HERSHEY’®S Mini Chips Semi-Sweet Chocolate Chips
  • 3 tablespoons Halloween sprinkles (omitted)

Directions

  • In a microwave-safe bowl, melt caramels with water; stir until
  • smooth. (or, warm up about 1/4 cup of hot caramel)
  • Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, melt marshmallows and butter. Arrange
  • apple slices on a large platter. Drizzle with caramel; top with
  • marshmallow mixture. Sprinkle with peanuts, chocolate chips and
  • sprinkles. Serve immediately. Yield: 24 servings.
Nutrition Facts: 1 serving equals 149 calories, 6 g fat (3 g saturated fat), 8 mg cholesterol, 76 mg sodium, 25 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1-1/2 starch, 1 fat.
Click here to find out more!
© Taste of Home 2010 Tasteofhome Logo

3 comments:

CassiLou said...

This sounds absolutely decadently fabulous!!

MaryAnn said...

YUM!!!!!!

Elder Esplin said...

I've seen these...OH HECK YEAH! I SO need to make some for my boys!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...