Ads 468x60px

Sunday, November 28, 2010

A few days after Thanksgiving....

Has this year gone by fast for you, just like it has for me? The day before Thanksgiving, I realized I had not come up with centerpieces for the tables!! Aaahhh! What to do???!!
I went out side for a little inspiration and this is what I came up with...


A little red from the dying bushes by my mailbox. 
 The Egyptian grass reminds me of a wheat harvest...
 The branches of the bushes in front of my living room window were a deep brown...
These are great colors, aren't they?
 A few days before I had gone to Robert's and found the gold chargers. I had no idea what I was going to do with them, but I new I was going to use them somehow! I bought the clear vases at the Crate and Barrel outlet in California a couple of years ago  (I loooooove that store!!). I purchased the brown "give thanks" and yellow "blessings" plaques at The Quilted Bear a few years ago and had displayed them by themselves in years prior. A few cranberries to add more red to the centerpieces and VIOLA!! done!!
 This is the 19 to under 40 yr old table (where I sat....for the last time!)
 A close up of the centerpiece.
 I love the green ribbon....have to have some green!
 And for the name plates I used leftover grass and branches. The names are written in velum over a pretty pumpkin scrapbooking paper.
 This is the grown up table (the over 40 table!)
I wish time would slow down a little bit to enjoy the holidays a little longer, but I do give Thanks for the time I do have to spend with my loved ones. My house may be small but there will always be room for Family and Friends!
Thanks for visiting my blog!

2 comments:

Darcy said...

I love your blog!

MM said...

Your centerpieces were so adorable! And everything was gorgeous night-of, thanks for making it a great thanksgiving!

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment! I love hearing from you!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...